Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WATERCOLOR SPRING CARD




Hi Everyone, welcome to my blog. 

 Hope everyone is getting ready for Spring now that the snow seems to have subsided.  Only a few more days and Spring will be here. Can't wait.

For the first time in my life I'm trying to learn how to sketch a picture.  I could paint, but for some reason I can't draw. I went on You Tube and put sketching in the search and found Lindsey the Frugal Crafter. She was doing a sketch from a picture and this was part of the picture. I decided to try it and I  kind of like it.  I got myself an Artist Pen and went to work. I think it came out pretty good for my first time. 

After I sketched the picture on watercolor paper, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color it. Watercolor seems to be the rage now and I wanted to try it.  I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers and some rhinestones. Added the sentiment and the card was done.  

I am entering this card in the following Challenges:

Thanks for stoping by and leaving a comment. I really enjoy reading them.  

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Spring card!!! Love the pretty flower image you used!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful watercolored card. Love this

    ReplyDelete